Be a part of our vision for 2030
Bolton has a vision for 2030 and is investing in its town centre to deliver a world class destination. Ambitious plans to create a smart city where people live, work, study, visit and invest have been approved by councillors and now the hard work begins.
The council has created a £100 million development fund to kick start development and bring in £1 billion of development and investment. Bolton has a rich history of successful investments with particular examples including the award winning Market Place development and the recently opened £50 million transport interchange. Bolton also houses Logistics North the largest logistics and manufacturing site in the North West as well as Middlebrook the biggest leisure and shopping centre in Europe and the home of Bolton Wanderers FC. Both these developments are just off the M61 and this is evidence of growing investor confidence in Bolton Town.
Across the range of potential town centre uses, areas identified for growth are:
- Retail – Consolidate the retail core
- Tourism / Leisure – Increase offer for both leisure and tourism
- Office - Improve Grade A office development offer to stimulate growth
- Education – Working alongside University of Bolton to significantly expand student accommodation and improve location and accessibility.
- Residential – introduce additional town centre housing
- Travel Infrastructure and SMART Technology – The ability to create a walkable town centre, with public transport links and town centre living will create a sustainable and resilient town centre.